What You Should Be Searching for in an IDaaS Solution
Finding and implementing an identity access management (IAM) solution that integrates well with your company and its security policies is much easier said than done. There are many solutions to consider and many with significant pros but also cons. If you are starting to look at IAM solutions, it is important to have your requirements defined. Customers who don't have this set often end up settling on a solution that is limited and expensive.
Here is a checklist on what you should be looking for in an IAM solution to make sure it has what you need to support your security policies and IAM strategy.When looking for your ideal IAM solution make sure to check that it:
- Supports and grows with your identity and access management (IAM) strategy – able to provide the solution that supports your security policies and compliance requirements
- Offers a robust set of flexible options for single sign-on (SSO) and SSO protocol support, multi-factor authentication, biometrics, and self-service password reset.
- Provides an excellent user experience for all users – employees, customers, partners, contractors, etc. - with the ability to secure all types of access scenarios while maintaining a high level of convenience for the user
- Supports multiple directories so you can decide where your identities will be stored – needs to at least support major directories including Active Directory, LDAP, SQL, and others
- Offers feature parity across cloud, hybrid, and on-premises deployments so that all aspects of your environment can be secured, whether in the cloud or not.
- Is customizable without the need to manage custom code – the solution can be adapted to accommodate all your unique requirements such as SSO to legacy applications or that custom directory you need to support
- Is easy to integrate with existing business technology to support a smooth user experience
- Requires low maintenance and is backed by expert support – reduce overhead on the IT team to manage the solution while having the resources available to quickly handle any issues
- Doesn't have any surprise costs – ROI should be easy to calculate and achieve
- Provided by a vendor who is interested in working with you as a business partner, not just a vendor
3 Companies Who Found Their Ideal IAM Solution
If you are going into the search for an IAM solution, whether it is to replace an existing one or select a new vendor, you are not alone. Here are a few BIO-key customers who recently shared what it was like to go through the evaluation process of various solutions and how they were able to avoid additional costs and limitations:
- Northeast Iowa Community College (NICC) - looking for a solution to help secure their new online student experience
- City of Sacramento - avoided over $250,000 in licensing costs but selecting a different IAM solution then the one they already had
- NASCO - worked with a consultant to outline their requirements and find the right solution to support their Customer IAM (CIAM) needs as they modernized their customer portal
Also take a moment to check out BIO-key's PortalGuard for you and your company. The PortalGuard IDaaS solution provides flexible single sign-on, allows for self-service password reset and multiple multi-factor authentication options to meet your security goals and deliver an optimized secure digital experience.
If you want a solution that meets all of the above, checkout BIO-key's PortalGuard identity as a service IAM solution today.